Deirdre was born and raised in the village of Oegstgeest. At an early age, she found her passion for theatre and music and has been working to develop her creative talent ever since.
After graduating from high school, she attended the Maastricht School for Dramatic Arts. After a year of dramatic training, she realized that her artistic freedom lay in the realm of singing and songwriting. She transferred to the Amsterdam Conservatory to study music full-time and has dedicated her career to singing, writing, recording and performing.
As her artistic vision developed and her repertoire increased, Deirdre co-founded Skystone Entertainment with her husband, actor Peter Blankenstein. Known simply as “Deirdra,” her latest album Dream has world-wide distribution and can be found on iTunes and amazon.com and can also be purchased directly from Skystone.
Deirdra has created a unique and compelling stage show which combines storytelling with song. Engaging her audience, she leads them on a delightful and often emotional musical journey that is sure to energize and inspire.
- Hilversum Preparatory School
- Maastricht Performing Arts School
- Amsterdam Conservatory
- Vocal Pop and Jazz Days 2006/2008/2012
- Estill Voice Training System I 2011
- Conducting Workshops with Kurt Thomas 2002/2004
- Studio Recording Workshop with Wanja Kam
- Improvisation Workshop with Peter Niewerf
- Presentation Workshop with Edwin Rutten
- Acting for the Camera with Ruud van Hemert
- Singing coach at Boink Theatre Productions 2013
- Choir Conductor at the Monday Singers 1997 – 2009 & 2018- now
- Singing Coach at Warrekam Youth Group, Laren 1999, 2000
- Choir and Singing Coach at DJAM in Amsterdam 1993, 1994, 1995
- Singing, Voice, and Choir Coach at the Vianen School of Music 1994, 1995, 1996